Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Mid Term Reflection-Report Card 1

  I have always arrived to class punctually and I always bring a change of gym strip. I aim to deliver a positive attitude to class daily, however on fitness days the strength of my willpower and self- control is outweighed by my weakness to be lazy. Despite these qualities I try to motivate myself, and push myself to do my finest in fitness. I also try my best to participate activities new and old. I tend to stick in my comfort zone socially by sticking with a certain group of friends who I'm comfortable but I believe that is my strength rather than weakness. Doing so allows me to freely voice my opinions without the fear of being judged. I can proudly say that I have urged my friends to try unusual activities such as Pickle Ball and we ending up having a great time! I can conclude that my most successful fitness day was the day we did Insanity. I wasn't very fond of the Insanity work out to begin with but I liked how we put a spin on it by adding step counters. I found this as a great motivator and it promoted healthy competition. My friend and I tried to outdo each other and we had a lot of fun doing it, we laughed a lot and received a great work out. I think leadership is motivating someone to never give up and accept failure but, to always try, try and try again! Two examples of leaders are Michelle and Keziah these girls are very enthusiastic and supportive of their classmates. By the end of the year I would like to improve with keeping up my fitness outside of school I can slack off at times but I would like to change this. Perhaps I can do so by finally taking up my dad on his offer to go for a walk or to the gym with him. I am the most proud of my ability to have fun in PE contrary to my former belief that PE was a chore rather than an opportunity to improve one’s fitness and social skills. As for my letter grade and percentage I think I deserve a B and around 83%.



1 comment:

  1. This is great midterm and I appreciate you being honest with yourself and others. Your final sentences are the key to making this experience a lasting one. IF you can get to place where you are internally motivated to be active, because you understand the positive benefits for yourself, you won't need a class or teacher. The sometimes lazy will be less and less often, and you will relish more opportunities like the pickle ball scenario. Keep focused on that feeling... the one that sees challenges as opportunities to grow. :) One place that is easy for you to improve is the blog. Check out Ashley from my period 3 Day 1 class... she is super quiet and not an "athlete" either but her blog has helped her share her story with me and push herself to be accountable to HERSELF. You can totally do that too.

    ReplyDelete